Curl Defining Cream 8.5 oz.
With an advanced technology that offers intense conditioning and detangling properties, Curl Defining Cream delivers exceptional movement to naturally curly and wavy hair. It provides optimal hold as it enhances; adds volume, control and shine while providing humidity resistance. This all-in-one product replaces the regular cocktailing of several styling products such as leave-in conditioner, gel, mousse or anti-frizz serum.
• Weather-safe, eliminates frizz
• Enhances curl and creates “spring factor”
• Conditions and provides optimal hold
• Builds body and texture
• Creates sleekness and shine
• Effective hair detangler, leaving curls silky-smooth
• Delivers exceptional curl memory benefits
After shampooing and conditioning, apply a generous amount to towel-dried hair. Comb through and use a diffuser, or smooth through with hands and let hair air-dry naturally. Tip: Moroccanoil recommends that stylists keep Curl Defining Cream at the Back Bar in the salon for curly haired clients who want to wash-and-go after a cut or color treatment.
1. Do Moroccanoil products contain silicones?
Yes. Products such as Moroccanoil Treatment, Moroccanoil Treatment Light, Glimmer Shine, Hydrating Styling Cream, Moisture Repair Shampoo and Conditioner, Intense Hydrating Mask, Intense Curl Cream, Frizz Control, Curl Defining Cream, Extra Volume Conditioner and Weightless Hydrating Mask all do. Silicones in these products provide a level of protection from heat styling and moisture loss, as well as enhance luster, smoothness and manageability.
2. Are silicones safe?
At Moroccanoil, we use only the finest cosmetic-grade ingredients in all of our products. Our silicones—specifically, cyclomethicone and dimethicone—are both naturally derived from sand and are compliant to industry regulations in the U.S. Europe and Japan. Silicones act as a lightweight lubricant to make the surface of the hair feel smooth without leaving a residue. Their unique molecular structure (larger molecules with wider spaces between each molecule) allows them to form a breathable barrier without weighing the hair down.
3. Do Moroccanoil products contain safe levels of pH?
Yes. The pH levels vary from 3.5 to 7.0 for Moroccanoil products that contain water.
4. What is the shelf life of Moroccanoil products?
Depending on the product and market, Moroccanoil products will either have an expiration date imprinted on the packaging, a purchase-after-opening (PAO) symbol or both. The PAO is a small jar icon with a number inside that indicates the number of months the product will keep and be optimal for use after opening. The time period depends on the stability testing that we do.
5. Are Moroccanoil products tested on animals?
Our formulas are never tested on animals. Each final product is marked with a seal that reflects our commitment to treat animals with respect. Moroccanoil also proudly participates in intense philanthropic work supporting animal rights. The Humane Society, one of the largest and most successful animal protection organizations in the USA , benefits directly from Moroccanoil support.
6. Are Moroccanoil products suitable for all hair types?
Moroccanoil products are suitable and gentle for all hair types. From the finest strands to the coarsest tresses, our argan oil-infused formulas nourish and condition—without weighing hair down or making it oily. For targeted hair needs, we recommend visiting a salon to get professional advice on what Moroccanoil product best addresses your specific hair concern.
- Argan Oil: restores elasticity, smoothness and manageability to hair.
- Polyquaternium-11: an anti-static agent; forms lightweight film around hair that holds curl.
- Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein: coats porous strands and split ends.
- Dimethicone: a fine, cosmetic-grade silicone that is natural, derived from sand. Silicones act as a lightweight lubricant to make the surface of the hair feel smooth without leaving a residue.